Make an offer for "Antique Art Deco Carte and Gough 14k Gold Ladies Compat"
Your message was sent succssfully! I will be in touch as soon as I can.
Something went wrong, try refreshing and submitting the form again.
Antique Art Deco Carter and Gough 14k Gold Ladies Compact
- Art Deco extra fine ladies compact circa 1910-1920. From the renown Carter and Gough of Newark, NJ. The largest and finest jewelry maker of the era, in business from 1841-1922. This is one of the best ladies compact we have ever seen, made with exceptional attention to detail and top craftsmanship as noted by the extra fine engraving work featured throughout the compact and the precise fit of the compartments. The compact also features a notepad and pencil, concealed in the compartment behind the mirror, with a fitted holder for the pencil built into the compartment. The center section of the compact appears slightly wavy it was most likely engraved at one time.
- Carter and Gough
- Top to bottom: 54.26 mm or 2.13 inches
- Width: 84.53 mm or 3.32 inches
- Depth or Thickness: 8.26 mm
- Weigh is 107.3 grams
- Tested: 14k
- Stamped: 14k
- Hallmark: Carter and Gough
Why Peter Suchy Jewelers?
It’s not often you find a vintage jeweler as dedicated as Peter Suchy. His love for Art Deco, estate and Edwardian pieces has turned into a true passion. In fact, his showroom in Connecticut has been called an "antique jewelry museum"...Read More