Beautiful vintage 1928 Art Deco Illinois wrist watch. Rolled gold plated case in very good condition. Exceptional dial with natural patina. Great rare example of American watch making. Made in Springfield Illinois.
- Gold plated
- 29.5 grams
- Length: 36mm
- Width: 27mm
- Band width at case: 16mm
- Case thickness: 8.71mm
- Band: Genuine Crocodile made in Italy - minor showcase wear
- Crystal: Plastic
- Dial: Original Illinois natural patina
- Outside case: 10k rolled gold plate
- Inside case: Star Case Co Stellar 1105217 05217
- Movement: Illinois Watch Co Springfield 19 jewels
- Other: 5161428 19 jewels
- All of our pre-owned watches have been fully serviced and come with a one year warranty for timing and accuracy. Vintage watches may not be as accurate as a new quartz watch. Even new watch warranties do not cover watch cases, bands or misuse.
Rare Art Deco 1928 Illinois Gold Plated Wrist Watch Manual Wind
more items you’ll love
Why Peter Suchy Jewelers?
It’s not often you find a vintage jeweler as dedicated as Peter Suchy. His love for Art Deco, estate and Edwardian pieces has turned into a true passion. In fact, his showroom in Connecticut has been called an "antique jewelry museum."
After working as a bench jeweler for over 20 years under the guidance of Jack Newstadt in Norwalk, Connecticut, Peter went on to the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and is today, one of Connecticut’s most trusted vintage jewelry expert and GIA certified. He has become renowned in the vintage jewelry industry for his famous "pink gold" rating scale.
In addition, Peter’s vision of creating his own jewelry line is now a reality. Using diamonds, sapphires, and tourmaline gems mixed with platinum, and pink and yellow gold, Peter Suchy Designs are stunning, one-of-a-kind pieces and include engagement rings, eternity rings, earrings and pendants each with a personality that expresses his love for jewelry.
Today, Peter Suchy sells his vintage gems onsite in his showroom and online. Many of his vintage items and one of a kind creations are also on 1stdibs and Rubylane. Peter Suchy Jewelers has achieved the status of a Top Rated Power Seller on eBay, with over 5,000 transactions to date.
If you don't love it, simply return it for a full refund!